Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Charity

This may not be the best picture, but it is a picture of twelve freezer meals that now fill my freezer. I wanted to post this picture as one way of thanking my sweet friends who made these twelve meals for me. A couple friends and I have decided to try assembling freezer meals once a month to help us through that "I don't know what to cook for dinner" syndrome that we seem to be going through these days. This month was a trial run. We chose our recipes a couple weeks ago and then assigned individual grocery lists. Today was the day set aside to actually make the meals to be frozen. Well, Trenton was still not feeling well this morning and couldn't go to school, so I couldn't help make the meals. It killed me to not be a part of it. It was a tremendous amount of work and there was nothing I could do to help. My sweet friends made all of my meals for me without a second thought. As I picked them up tonight, I had to hold back tears because what a wonderful blessing this is for my family. I am not one who allows myself to be served very often because I love to do the serving. I am grateful for this humbling experience today and for the wonderful sisters who served me. What wonderful examples of charity they are. Thank you! I now want to return the favor and serve someone in a big way. What ideas do you have for me? I am excited for this chance to "pay it forward."

5 comments:

Jessica Y. said...

It was well deserved, and about time someone gets to really be of service to you! I am a little worried it is going to be like my cannery items. I want to save them for that time when I REALLY need them!

Melissa said...

Wow! That's so great of them to do that. I'm glad it worked out. And looking at your photo definitely makes me realize I have no room to store all that food! Keep me posted about how it goes.

Pam said...

I agree with Jessica. Take a deap breath and relax. You deserved it. Besides, you were dealing with yucky sickness in your home. We were glad to be able to do something for you, for a change.

Jami said...

Cathy, You're just awesome. I'm glad you've got great friends because you most definitely are a great friend.

Jamie said...

amazing! that's got to be a great feeling! i'd love to know what kinds of dinners and recipes you used....trying to stock up for post-baby!