Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley

As I reflect today on the life of our beloved prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley, who passed away yesterday, I am struck with how much I loved and adored this man even though I had never met him personally. I loved hearing him speak as he always put my mind at ease. He was such an optimistic person. During the Nauvoo Temple open house, a film was shown and at the end of it President Hinckley's voice began out of no where and it was enough to take your breath away. I know he was a true prophet of God. Who else could do all that he did at the age of 97? I am so happy that he is being reunited with his sweet wife whom he missed so much. I wonder how my children will adjust to this. This is the only latter-day prophet they (and me) have ever known.
Here is my favorite quote by President Hinckley because I think it is a wonderful reflection of his personality:
"Keep trying. Be believing.
Be happy. Don't get discouraged.
Things will work out."

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I felt as though someone had punched me in my stomach when I found out he had passed - I was just so shocked and saddened. But he was a good man and I'm sure the heavens are singing with his return.

Jessica Y. said...

I too, was very sad. It was hard to break the news to the kids but they seemed to take it well. We tried to focus on how happy he was to see his sweet wife again. I love that quote some days it is hard not to get discouraged , but thigs DO always work out!

Jami said...

Cathy, You're so wonderful! Your tribute was a tad more tender than mine. I, too, loved our prophet.

Rob and Heather said...

Cathy - loved your blog spot. We are so blessed to have had a prophet who did so much, and a man who all who knew or met him, respected him. Thanks for you blog.

Brady and Kariann said...

I also love that quote!! He will truly be missed by all!