Friday, July 25, 2008

Elder Ballard

We learned a few weeks ago that Elder M. Russell Ballard (a leader of our Church...see http://www.mormon.org/ for more info) will be attending our upcoming Stake Conference in August. I am totally blown away that a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is going to be speaking in our church building. I never thought I would have such an opportunity living in the Midwest. I am SO excited!! I have been reading up on all of his latest talks so that I am better prepared to hear his messages. We would love to have a house full of visitors to take with us to hear him speak, so let me know if you're interested!
The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Elder Ballard is sitting fifth from the left.

3 comments:

Travis and Jamie said...

How exciting! I remember in High School President Faust came and spoke at our stake conference. They had to hold it at some convention center because they knew that there would be so many people, I actually think that they had to have two meetings in order to accomidate(sp) all the people who wanted to attend. It was such a great expierence. But almost sad to think that it took a general authority to get that many people to church.
BTW- don't you just love Elder Ballards crooked smile! :) Is that wrong of me to say?

Rob and Heather said...

Oh that is so exciting. What an awesome experience. So jealous. I agree to have an Apostle speak in your building would be AWESOME!!!

Melissa said...

That is so awesome! Can't wait to hear about his talk.