Stephenie has done it again! This book is hands down the best book I have ever read. I am not exaggerating! Amazing! It took me a month though to finally sit down and get serious about reading it because the first 50 pages are a bit slow, but once I hit page 51 I flew through the remaining 550 pages. It took me five days to finish it only because I tried really hard to not let this one consume my life like her other three books did. I think I could have read it in a day if I didn't have a husband teasing me. He has been such a great sport with my addiction to Stephenie's books. This time I read for an hour or two a couple of times a day until I finished. The whole time I was reading it though I felt so torn about finishing the book too quickly. On one hand I didn't want to set the book down because I could totally feel everything that was happening. I know that doesn't explain it right, but when you read it you will totally understand what I am trying to say. It was hard to shut that world off and return to my own world in between my readings. Even after I have finished the book I find myself thinking about things that happened in the book like they happened in my world. Back to being torn: on the other hand, I didn't want to finish the book ever because I knew that once I did it was over. I loved it so much that I wish there was more to read. I have poured over Stephenie's website and I don't see any hint that there will be a sequel. I am so sad about that, but at least Breaking Dawn will be here in three weeks to numb the pain. If you haven't read "The Host" you have definitely got to! It is one I think men wouldn't mind either because of the sci-fi. I am still trying to get Nathan to, but he keeps telling me he needs to read his scriptures instead. What? Who needs the scriptures when you have Stephenie Meyer...kidding...just kidding. Seriously! Maybe I should speak to my Bishop for that one. Anyway, I was weary of the sci-fi at first and I think that is why the first 50 pages really drag on, but once you are hooked, the sci-fi is just in the background. It is really a romance like her Twilight series. As I read this book, I found myself again wondering about Stephenie. I would love to meet her and learn more about her. She has the most amazing writing style I have ever read. Who else could turn stories involving vampires and aliens into the greatest stories I have ever read? I am anxious to hear what all of you thought!"There is no tomorrow to remember if we don't do something today." ~President Thomas S. Monson
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
The Host
Stephenie has done it again! This book is hands down the best book I have ever read. I am not exaggerating! Amazing! It took me a month though to finally sit down and get serious about reading it because the first 50 pages are a bit slow, but once I hit page 51 I flew through the remaining 550 pages. It took me five days to finish it only because I tried really hard to not let this one consume my life like her other three books did. I think I could have read it in a day if I didn't have a husband teasing me. He has been such a great sport with my addiction to Stephenie's books. This time I read for an hour or two a couple of times a day until I finished. The whole time I was reading it though I felt so torn about finishing the book too quickly. On one hand I didn't want to set the book down because I could totally feel everything that was happening. I know that doesn't explain it right, but when you read it you will totally understand what I am trying to say. It was hard to shut that world off and return to my own world in between my readings. Even after I have finished the book I find myself thinking about things that happened in the book like they happened in my world. Back to being torn: on the other hand, I didn't want to finish the book ever because I knew that once I did it was over. I loved it so much that I wish there was more to read. I have poured over Stephenie's website and I don't see any hint that there will be a sequel. I am so sad about that, but at least Breaking Dawn will be here in three weeks to numb the pain. If you haven't read "The Host" you have definitely got to! It is one I think men wouldn't mind either because of the sci-fi. I am still trying to get Nathan to, but he keeps telling me he needs to read his scriptures instead. What? Who needs the scriptures when you have Stephenie Meyer...kidding...just kidding. Seriously! Maybe I should speak to my Bishop for that one. Anyway, I was weary of the sci-fi at first and I think that is why the first 50 pages really drag on, but once you are hooked, the sci-fi is just in the background. It is really a romance like her Twilight series. As I read this book, I found myself again wondering about Stephenie. I would love to meet her and learn more about her. She has the most amazing writing style I have ever read. Who else could turn stories involving vampires and aliens into the greatest stories I have ever read? I am anxious to hear what all of you thought!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you'll have to tell me more... tommorrow. ;)
It's funny how her books do that. I am going to have to get it and read it!!! I love her books!
I have been thinking about reading this one until her next book comes out. I'm ready to get it now! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment