
Nathan and I were invited to a Reds baseball game this past weekend by our neighbors. It was a great game against the Mets. It was a sold out game. We (courtesy of our neighbors) had tickets in the "Club" seating where we were presented a food menu in our seats. We ordered our food from our seats and the waitress brought us our food. It felt really strange being waited on in a ballpark. Nathan really wanted a snow cone (he is still a kid at heart) which we saw being carried around below us, but they weren't available in our section. I think he would have sneaked down there to get one if we wouldn't have been with our neighbors. It was really fun getting to know our neighbors better and enjoying a night on the town. It was a hot date because it was 90+ degrees outside, which is not weather I usually venture out in for anything. Luckily, there was an entire indoor suite behind our "club" seats where you could go to eat, hang out, and cool off.

Cincinnati skyline from inside the suite.

I didn't mention Owen was with us on our date. We left Trenton and Ashleigh with a babysitter, but I didn't want to leave Owen so late at night, so he came along. It was so nice only having one kiddo at the game (I know that is really bad for me to say). What a breeze it is to take care of one child after normally having three with us. Owen was fascinated by the crowd and the way everyone cheered at certain times. He loved all the ballpark food and our friends' snacks. A lady behind us had a fan that sprayed water and she thought he might enjoy being cooled off with it. She held it up to his face and immediately sprayed him with the water. He was SO scared! I have never seen him so scared and he did not want anything to do with that woman the rest of the night. Isn't that a cat training technique?
Owen didn't miss anything. He checked out every inch of the indoor suite. Such a cutie!
Walking to our $10 parking space. That seems so ridiculous for a three hour parking space, but at least our tickets were free.
No comments:
Post a Comment