Thursday, September 11, 2008

WICKED

We headed to Chicago last weekend to visit Nathan's brother, Andrew. How great it is to have family close enough for a weekend getaway! Besides visiting Andrew and Katy, at the top of my list was to FINALLY seeing Wicked. It was well worth the wait! I adored it and cannot wait to see it again very soon. It is coming to Louisville in January and you can bet I will be there! It is SO awesome. Nathan made fun of me for smiling during the whole thing. You just can't help but smile. It is so beautifully done that words cannot describe it. It is not just the music, but the story and the stage centering and everything in between. You just have to see it.

The theater in Chicago totally added to the atmosphere of the musical. It is so beautiful with amazing architectural details. I wish I could have taken more pictures to share, but no pictures are allowed in the theater itself.

4 comments:

Becky and Matt said...

I can't wait to see it either. We're going to see it April when it comes here. I hope you guys are all well!

Travis and Jamie said...

So jealous!! Trav really wanted to take me when we were in Chicago, but I was too prego and the boys were too crazy. But Louisville, maybe I will put in a plug to Trav, I would LOVE to come for a "visit"!!

Ryan and Ashley said...

Once you hear the CD once, you're addicted, and to top that off, once you see the play once, you can't wait to see it again. I feel the same way. Glad you loved it.

Rob and Heather said...

I too am jealous. How fun... The theater looks amazing. So fun. I gotta see this production...