Thursday, September 18, 2008

Autumn is the eternal corrective


We have been getting very excited around our house now that summer has drawn to a close. Autumn is by far my most favorite time of year. I just love the cooler weather, long sleeve t-shirts, and cookouts. It is the start of so many new things, but the end of many as well. I found this most beautiful quote about fall that I think really portrays my thoughts well:


"Autumn is the eternal corrective. It is ripeness and color and a time of maturity; but it is also breadth, and depth, and distance. What man can stand with autumn on a hilltop and fail to see the span of his world and the meaning of the rolling hills that reach to the far horizon?" ~Hal Borland

2 comments:

prism said...

I love autumn, too. There is just something about the cool weather, the dark bark against the fiery leaves...

Thanks for sharing the poem. It is beautiful. I think I need to start reading poetry more often. It touches me deep down.

Jessica Y. said...

Fall is by far my favorite season. But I think I loved it even more in the east. The trees turn so fast here you don't have a chance to see all the beautiful colors.