Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School has started!

Trenton on his first day of third grade in Ohio. He is so grown up! It was a very anxious wait for his bus to take him to school for the first time.

Waiting for the bus with our neighbor. They will be riding the same bus.

Climbing aboard the bus for the very first time. It is hard to believe this day is finally here. I can only hope it is the beginning of lots of fun for Trenton. He has had such a hard summer with our move. He said he was very nervous about being "new" today. I can't wait to hear about his day once he gets home in a half hour!


Ashleigh had a half-day of orientation to introduce her to kindergarten. She will not start officially until Friday so we get a couple more days together.

Here she is trying out the bus. She is going to ride the bus to school and I will pick her up at lunchtime. Kindergarten is only a half-day here and everyone rides the bus to school. The schools make it very difficult for parents to actually take their kids to school and all my friends say, "Our taxes are paying for the buses, so you might as well use them!" Okay, I will succumb to the Ohio way!
Ashleigh working with her new kindergarten teacher, Ms. Stallo. Ashleigh cannot wait to go to school. I think she will love it (can you tell by her huge grins?)
Here she is getting her hearing screened. She was supposed to raise her hand when she heard a beep, but she just giggled instead. The nurse then told her to give her five instead and Ashleigh was able to do that without giggling too much. Silly girl!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Cathy, looks like the kids are going to love this year! Shawn didn't take a bus until this year, either and he was so excited to be a "busser".
Way to go, Trenton!

Melissa said...

OK. I am super behind on blogging these days, or actually more like keeping up with everyone elses. Love all the posts. The Ren. Festival looks awesome. I loved going to those things back in AZ. And scary about Nathan climbing the ladder. We need him over hear to kill all of our wasps. Ty sprays them with killer and then runs like mad and screaming like a girl into the house. We need a real man over here to tackle those things. ;)