Sunday, April 28, 2013

Final Skating Party

 This year I have been in charge of the skating parties for Ashleigh's school.  It turned out to be a much bigger job than I realized, and I have to admit I was pretty excited when the last party for the year rolled around last week (well, until a child severely broke his arm that night and I had to make medical decisions for the child since his parents didn't stay to supervise him!)

The oldest three children are all excellent skaters thanks to many skating parties and school vacation open skates.   
 Owen is SO entertaining to watch on skates.  He is awesome!  I can't help but feel impressed when I watch him circle the rink song after song.  He just loves it!

 To boost our attendance at the skating parties, I made each party a different theme.  We offered face painting at the party last quarter and this month's theme was crazy hat night.  I attempted a makeshift photo booth with plenty of fun props to capture everyone's crazy hats.  It was a hit with the students and we had our best turn out of the year! 
 Trenton volunteered at the party for Scout service hours, and I couldn't have done it without his help since he was my only helper the whole night!

 The giant sunglasses were a very popular accessory. 


The mustaches were also very popular.  The mustache craze continues.

No comments: