It's a constant race while are picking - a race to find the biggest strawberry and a race to find the strangest looking one. If only they would race to pick the most! They are not the most efficient pickers, but they have so much fun that it leaves me free to pick away.
Owen was my helper. He helped me to fill my big bucket while the other two ran up and down the rows looking for the one perfect strawberry.
Farmer Trenton! This is the hat I found for him to wear to Trek, a pioneer reenactment coming up in a couple weeks. He picked 12 pounds of strawberries by himself! I'm so grateful he was there to help or we might have been there all day!
Dallin eats more than he picks. His little chin was juice stained by the end of our picking.
25 pounds of strawberries which I turned into 45 jars of jam with plenty leftover! This is one of my favorite summer traditions!
No comments:
Post a Comment