
A couple of Saturdays ago my sister and I headed to Salem, Indiana for their annual Maple Syrup Festival (which was in the middle of no-where). It is definitely worth seeing once, but I don't know if we will make the trip again next year. It was so cold and muddy. They were having to pull people's cars out of the mud with tractors and we were all covered in mud by the time the day was over. It was so packed that we had to wait in line for 1 1/2 hours for our all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast. Luckily, Julie was with me so that she could take the kids to the booths while I held our place in line. I was originally going to take the kids by myself, so thank goodness for Aunt Julie! The kids got to learn how maple syrup is made and sample fresh syrup. We brought home some fresh maple syrup goodies for Dad who was working.

Inside an Indian teepee. One display showed how the Indians made syrup.

Waiting...and waiting.

Owen was such a good sport as always. He was freezing cold as you can tell by his pink hands. He ended up with a nasty cold from it, but now we can say we have done just about everything!
2 comments:
How do you hear about these things? That sounds fun, minus the mud and long waiting time, and freezing cold weather. You are such a good Mommy always finding such fun things to do with the kids!
See, I knew you were adventurous and seeking all the fun that KY has to offer, well and IN too. ;)
Post a Comment