Monday, March 17, 2008

Farewell, Jessica (and Joe)!

It is a sad day at the Borders. My dear friend Jessica is moving away today. I can't believe another close friend is leaving me! In 2004, I lost Megan, Heather, and Kim. In 2005, I lost Becky. In 2006, I lost Brenda. Now, it's Jessica. It just doesn't get any easier. Here are some of the things I am going to miss about her:

1. She totally puts up with my stubborness.
2. Car pool buddy
3. Jogging buddy
4. Race buddy
5. She is my exercise motivation. I try so hard to keep up with her, but she is a go-getter.
6. Her 3 sweet girls.
7. Hearing about all the drama with her three girls which helps me better understand Ashleigh.
8. All of her hubby's jokes...running helmet and neck bruise (that's all I'm going to say about that ;)
9. Just hanging out.
10. Venting about school drama with her.
11. Camping
12. She packs just as much stuff in her van as I do when we camp :)
13. Date/temple night
14. Emergency babysitting
15. Getting together when our hubby's are out of town.
16. Sharing shopping deals
17. Freezer meals!
18. Outrageous Halloween costumes
19. Working on our food storage together
20. Her super strong testimony and example to me
21. We are just so much alike!
...and the list goes on and on.

Our farewell lunch at Qdoba (my favorite). This looks like a lot of kids, but we were missing six more!

Our kids (and the Shepherd's) then...


...and now!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I will miss them too. Cute tribute to her!

Travis and Jamie said...

Oh you are making me sad. Look how small our kiddos once were. Hard to belive it wasn't that long ago.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deanna said...

I miss Jess still, but I'm glad that she'll be closer to ME!! :o) (j/k)

That was a super nice post, Cathy. You're a great friend. :o)

Pam said...

What a great feature for Jessica. I miss her too. You are a wonderful friend and always so thoughtful. Thanks for posting that nice tribute.

P.S. With as many hormaones as I have right now, it made me cry too.

Jessica Y. said...

Well I am honored, I can't see what I am typing because I am crying so hard! Thank You so much for ALL the memories! Keep in touch our new phone number is 406-545-4726. We love you guys!!!

Jessica Y. said...

Oh man you got so ripped off on temple night!! SORRY guys!

Heather said...

It is hard to say goodbye. I totally think of the days long gone back in Louisville and hope our paths will cross again. I think when we all die, it will be one big family reunion where we will all catch up on what we've done for the last however many years.