We celebrated Owen's 5th birthday this week. He is so happy to finally be five.
He has been telling us he is 5 for several months, so now it's official!
We celebrated with a LEGO party with ten of Owen's friends on Saturday.
Owen and Audrey! She was the guest of honor :) This was a group LEGO building game. We also played a LEGO tower race, LEGO head balloon game, a minifigure scavenger hunt, LEGO minifigure BINGO, and everyone designed their own LEGO minifigure.
Present time. Owen received a lot of LEGO sets, which made him very happy!
Thought I would share some of the party details: the invites from LEGO.com
Goodie bags!
One of the party favors inside the goodie bag.
LEGO head cake pops!
My attempt at a LEGO brick cake. Owen wanted a red one because that is his favorite color, but I couldn't the icing dark enough. Green was his second choice. I normally buy a cake from a bakery, but no one had anything LEGO related, so I had to get creative!One of the party rooms. I made two homemade LEGO banners (pictured on the left at the top) using LEGO pictures I found online. I think it turned out very festive. I had to get creative because there aren't a whole lot of LEGO party supplies out there. It was a memorable party for sure. The kids had a ball!
Present time on his actual birthday. He received a "rock-n-roll guitar", Squinkie "house", Ninjago graphic novel (Owen's favorite kind of book), boy Squinkies, and a LEGO bionicle from Mom and Dad. He was very happy!
This is his absolute favorite present though! He loves this spy watch he received from Aunt Katy and Uncle Andrew. He wears it 24/7 and is very protective of it. I have made the mistake of calling it a watch, and he has to correct me saying, "It's not a watch, it's a SPY watch."
No comments:
Post a Comment