Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Nathan knows how to spoil me on my birthday! Aren't they beautiful? I received so many birthday gifts this year, so I felt so pampered and loved. Thank you to all my sweet friends who surprised me and my family who sent things to me. I loved them all. There is no other way to celebrate a birthday than with a party, so I threw myself (and Owen since we share the same birthday week) a party! I baked and baked (which is what I love to do when I don't have kids pulling on my legs :)

Do you want a strawberry angel food cake (my favorite)...


... or a luscious lemon poke cake (my second favorite)...

...or a triple chocolate fudge cake (Nathan's favorite)?


Owen and the other kiddos had personal heart shaped cakes. Owen wasn't sure what he was supposed to do with his. He first picked up the whole plate and was going to eat it off the plate, but then put it down when everyone burst out laughing.

(BTW- my cabinets are missing their doors in the background because I am re-painting them to get our house ready to sell. There is a seemingly never-ending list of things to paint.)

He figured it out eventually.

9 comments:

prism said...

Wow! Three cakes? Angel food cake is my favorite too - with strawberries, but not icing. Just juicy strawberries in their own syrup. Yum! And I could just eat the cake plain, too.

So, you ARE planning on selling? Where will you be going?

Brady and Kariann said...

Happy Birthday!! That strawberry angel food cake looks so yummy! What a cook :)! Hope you had a great day.

Deanna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CATHY!!! I'll take some of that delicious-looking angel food cake (and I don't even like angel food cake!). It's so pretty!!

You are moving???

Becky and Matt said...

So now I know...It was your Birthday! Happy Birthday late and to Owen too. Your kids are so cute! I'd love to hear more about your move too. That's exciting, but I know it makes your life so busy! Good luck with it!

Melissa said...

Oh man! Now I'm really bummed out that I missed the party, because I missed all the cakes. Oh well... Happy Birthday!

Ryan and Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Cathy! You deserved a great day full of time to do what you love--baking. You guys aren't moving out of the ward are you? I had no idea you were moving!!!

Crafty Momma said...

Happy Birthday! Mine was just two days before! The big 25. As you can guess christian combined valentines and my b-day so we went for mexican on V-day...how romantic! Sounds like you had a very fun birthday!

Anonymous said...

Yours and Owen birthday party looked like a lot of fun/work! I would have loved to see/eat all the cakes:) I'm glad to hear that you all are doing so well. By the way, you're moving again??

Jami said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are moving? Different house or different town? You're going to have to post that one soon!