Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Underground

Today Ashleigh and I were outside doing some yard work (it reached a high of 55 or so) and as I was raking pine needles, chunks of dirt started hitting me. I looked over at Ashleigh and she was attempting to dig a hole in the ground with a small plastic shovel. Tiny chunks of dirt were flying up in the air with each shove of her shovel. When I asked her what she was doing she said she was digging underground to find a mole. She explained to me that moles live underground, so she was going to find one there. She then said that bunnies live underground too, so maybe she would find one of those too. I have no idea what made her think to look for moles, but it was quite funny!

1 comment:

Jessica Y. said...

Kids say the funniest things! How cute to look for a MOLE in February!!