Ashleigh is obsessed with panda bears. Half of her new school clothes have panda bears on them and her friends are always giving her little trinkets with panda bears on them. She has several stuffed panda bears, so when we saw this giant panda bear today at Costco, we couldn't resist. Since she doesn't look at the blog, I feel safe posting this picture, but don't tell her! I am hoping Dallin forgets all about him, but he was very excited to get him for Ashleigh. Everyone we passed in the store laughed or commented about the giant animal that took up the entire cart. The man checking us out gave the giant bear a hug. It is going to be very hard to keep it a secret until Christmas, but we will do our best. We will be sure to have the video camera out when she finally sees it for the first time because she is going to go crazy! Did you know that there are only four zoos in the United States that have panda bears? I have been contemplating taking her to one of them next summer for her birthday, but we will have to see if she is still obsessed about them then.
Added note: After letting Dallin sit with the bear for a little bit after we brought him home, I stuffed the giant bear into a huge trash bag. It barely fit inside, but I managed to get him well enough to tie the bag shut. Dallin was very confused about why I was throwing Ashleigh's bear in the trash. In fact, the second Ashleigh walked in the door after school Dallin said to her, "Mommy threw your panda bear we bought at the store in the trash." Nathan and I blew off the story since it sounded so crazy and we think she has forgotten about the whole thing. We can't wait to tell her the story though after we give the bear to her.
No comments:
Post a Comment