Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kindergarten is finally here!!

 Owen was SO excited to start kindergarten today.  He could not fall asleep last night because he was "so excited" and he had his backpack on an hour before it was time to go today.  You would have thought it was Christmas by how excited he was.  I am very happy for him, but anxious at the same time.  We have worked so hard with him over the past two years to get where we are today, and I kind of feel like today is the "test".  How will he handle school?  Will he be able to keep his emotions under control?  He is going to be great I am confident, but it is still an anxious time for me :)  He is so super bright, probably the most intellectually prepared of all the kids because with the third time around I knew what he needed to know to have a great headstart.  Can't wait to see him in just a couple hours!
 On the way to the bus stop with his Angry Bird backpack 25 minutes before our designated pick-up time because he couldn't wait another minute! 

 The bus stop!
 
 There is another little boy at our stop and they were instant friends.  They will be sitting together each day on the bus.  The bus driver was explaining to them about the "safe spot" where they have to stand each day for pick-up.

Not the best picture, but I didn't feel it was fair to tie up the bus driver so I could get the right smile.  Plus, Owen was ready to find his seat!  Now it's just me and Dallin for an hour until the older two get home.  (Owen has afternoon kindergarten, so he doesn't go to school until 1:00 and Trenton comes home at 2:00, followed by Ashleigh at 3:00.  Having three kids at three different schools is quite the juggling act.) 

Report on Owen's first day of school:  He loved it, but thought the bus ride home was really long.  He was starving and in fact ate about as much food right after school than he does in a whole day!  He also wasn't thrilled about having to sing "baby songs" like Itsy Bitsy Spider, but he said his teacher is the best kindergarten teacher he's ever had :)  Love that boy!

No comments: