We headed to our favorite berry farm to pick strawberries for my annual jam making this week. We picked the best day for it because it was beautiful and cool. Between the five of us, we picked just under 16 pounds in an hour! I have trained my little workers well :) They know which ones are the best ones to pick and where to look for "jack-pots" as Owen calls them. Jack-pots are whevever there are lots of strawberries on one plant. Owen's favorite job is to identify the jack-pots for us and then keep moving to find another without really picking any.
Dallin's favorite part is eating the strawberries. He definitely ate more than he picked as evidenced by the red stains on his shirt and face, but I was so impressed that he worked right along side me the whole hour. He picked and picked, but then shoved them into his mouth instead of dropping them in my basket.
Using roughly 15 pounds of strawberries, I made 36 jars of jam this year! A new record!
No comments:
Post a Comment