Wednesday, August 26, 2009

End of Summer

I can't believe summer vacation is officially over for us. We have had a really fun summer, but I didn't take many pictures for some reason. We went to the water park almost every week and the Children's museum several times, but no pictures! We also had lots of fun playdates with friends and neighbors. I really wish we had another month together because everyone has really been getting along well. Owen and I are really going to miss Ashleigh and Trenton. Luckily, we will be visiting them often as I busy myself in PTA once again. If only I could figure out a way to get paid for my hours at school...but then it wouldn't be nearly as fun!
On our final day of summer vacation, we decided to pick red raspberries at a nearby farm so that I could make some more yummy jam.
The raspberries were really hidden in the farm's overgrown field, but we found enough for jam.

Julie, you would have loved this pig. When he saw us coming he came running to us and climbed right over the log by the fence. He loved being petted and talked to. We thought of Aunt Julie, which made us miss her...it's time for a visit Auntie!

We got to see plenty of animals running around...including four crazy roosters who were roaming around unfenced. They were all mixed up cock-a-doodling every five minutes which Owen mimicked.
Running back to get some ice cream with our baskets full of berries!

1 comment:

Jen said...

You have such good ideas! Who would have thought to do this on the last day of summer;)