Our May Day baskets this year were definitely our cutest yet! Ashleigh and I have so much fun celebrating May Day each year. It's a tradition I grew up with that I enjoy sharing with her. She loves ringing our neighbor's doorbells each year and leaving a May Day basket behind as she runs away. I think every neighbor caught her this year, but we didn't have much time to plan out a good hiding spot because the rest of the family was loaded up waiting to head back home for a fun weekend in Illinois and Iowa. We couldn't leave without delivering our May Day baskets first though! We made a few extras for all the family we saw on May Day. I am giving these same baskets to all of the kids' teachers this week for teacher appreciation week. I love fun projects!
We headed to Illinois and Iowa for the weekend to check in on my grandmother who has had some medical setbacks this year and to celebrate Nathan's brother's 30th birthday. My grandmother is doing great! She was baking the night before we visited her which she hasn't done in nearly two years! She is one of the most independent people I know...must be where I get it from :) The next day we headed to be with Nathan's family to surprise his brother. It was a great day of surprises, all of which I did not get any pictures of. I'll see if I can track some down from our family and will post later.As most of you know, our little Owen does not like riding in the car. Short trips, long trips, medium trips...it doesn't matter, he hates them all. He is an incredibly active child who hates to be tied down in a car seat making the car ride miserable for all his fellow passengers. I bring along a multitude of activities to try and keep him busy. One of our activities is taking pictures of each other. At least Ashleigh appears to be enjoying the car ride!

1 comment:
Very Cute!! Thanks for the great idea for teacher appreciation week!! I tried to email you and for some reason it is blocking my email. New address is
joeyates@bresnan.net
Post a Comment