Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day!

What a day in history today is! I think it is very exciting to be a part of this historical day. Besides watching the inauguration, I thought throwing an inauguration party was the best way to celebrate this day in history. You know me, I can make a party out of anything!

I tried to stick with a red, white, and blue theme for dinner. We had spaghetti on blue plates with garlic bread, cherry kool-aid, and red, white, and blue jello.

The kids spent a half hour playing with their jello. They loved them! What did you do today to be a part of this special day?


3 comments:

Becky and Matt said...

I watched the inauguration and enjoyed it, but I definitely wasn't as creative as you. That was such a fun idea!

Jessica Y. said...

What a cute idea. I bet your kids loved it and will always remember the day they had red white and blue JELLO!!

Heather said...

you are such a creative mom! YOu put me to shame.