Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Midnight Release

Stephenie Meyer's latest book came out Friday night at midnight, so I headed to a midnight release party with some friends to get my hands on the book as soon as possible. We headed to Barnes and Noble first where we played a few trivia games and tried to win some door prizes to no avail. We were told to wear red if we were for Jacob and black for Edward (Notice I am wearing all black! However, one of my friends quickly discovered that I had absent-mindedly forgotten about my red toenail polish. Darn! I am definitely on Team Edward regardless.) The highlight of the night was seeing about 100 teenage girls in black or red prom dresses at Barnes and Noble. It was supposed to be a black-tie event, but none of us had a modest dress to squeeze into for the occasion. One of my friends had heard that Walmart was selling the book $4 cheaper than Barnes and Noble, so we headed to Walmart just before midnight to save a few bucks. Turns out, it was the same price, but at least we have this great picture of us in Walmart at midnight.
As far as the book goes, I am sad to say I hate it!! I totally did not see this story line coming. I am still trying to figure it all out. That is all I will say about that until more of you have had a chance to start reading. I can't wait to hear what you think! I am just over halfway done with this monstrous book...750 pages this time. Woah!! Maybe there is still time for things to change for me...

5 comments:

Travis and Jamie said...

Oh, I am glad (yet sad) that someone feels the same way I do. I am having such a hard time finishing the book. So not impressed this time around. Maybe my expectations were too high. But for me it has just gotten worse. Let me know when you are done. I still have like 100 pages to go.

Deanna said...

Sounds like fun! :o)

Travis and Jamie said...

I know what you mean about young girls reading it. This one is way more adult, althought I'm sure that there are way worse teen novels out there. I was way bugged with the whole Jacob thing. I don't care how she explains it, it still creeps me out.

Anonymous said...

Gotta say... I loved it! Read Mallory's copy in 26 hours... It is very different, but I liked that because it surprised me! Not what anyone could have predicted at all.

Jami said...

I was only disappointed there was no fight. I wanted a FIGHT!!! Other than that, I'm just glad to be done neglecting my family.