Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Instant stomachache

If you will notice the person in the white shirt at the top of the picture...that's Nathan...my husband. What were we thinking?! As soon as I saw Nathan climb up the extension ladder and get up on the sloped roof to paint our attic vents, I was sick to my stomach. I couldn't breathe and was completely useless in helping hold the ladder. Luckily, our neighbors came to our rescue. I don't know what we were thinking. We should have hired someone, especially since Nathan kept sliding down the sloped roof as he tried to paint. He had no where to put the paint can while he painted which meant that he had to paint with one hand and hold the can with the other. That left no hands to hang on with. Ugh!! Unfortunately, he is going to have to do it one more time because the vent on the far right was full of bee nests. That was a whole other adventure...watching Nathan spray the bee nests while bees are flying out of the vent at him while he is standing on a huge extension ladder fifteen feet off the ground. Meanwhile, I am screaming at him to stop moving as the ladder is swaying as he jerks away from the bees. I have tears in my eyes again as I think about this. What in the world would I do without Nathan...if he would have fallen?
I have never posted pictures of the house, and I have had a few people ask me to, so here you go. Can you tell which attic vent hasn't been painted yet?



The family room. We are going to put up crown molding soon and darken the mantle to match the bookcases.


The dining room off the kitchen.

The living room...sort of...it is also the home of our computer for everyone's convenience/safety.

The kitchen...finally, I have room for all my helpers!


Our huge empty backyard. Any advice on how to fill it? We have almost half an acre of land, which means a lot of grass for Nathan to mow!

The basement. Still a fun place to send all the kids!

4 comments:

Crump Family said...

I covet your basement. Here in Boise almost no homes have basements. Your home is beautiful!!

Heather said...

I wish I had a few extra square feet!! I can't wait until we move and we will be able to afford a bigger home. It looks like a gorgeous house.

Travis and Jamie said...

Love your house. It looks so nice and roomy. And Leave the backyard! I love big back yards, fun to run around in. And Trav would say great for cornhole and horse shoes!

Becky and Matt said...

It was so fun to see pictures of your house! It looks great! Your toy room is so clean and organized. I am so impressed. We miss you guys!